Friday, March 2, 2012

Potty Prodigy

DISCLAIMER:  Proceed with caution- Beware of TMI!  Excessive proud mommy bragging ahead!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's clear that C is ready.  Tomorrow morning, we'll take off her diaper and put some panties on that girl.  She has practically potty trained herself, and I am totally impressed!  From birth, she's seemed to have a knack for knowing when she's ready to move onto the next step.  And she's letting us know she's ready!

A few weeks ago, I asked Randy to bring the training potty down from the attic.  Our plan has been to potty train her this summer, so we thought that giving C a few months to get acquainted with the potty would work in our favor.  He pulled it out of the attic one morning after C and I left for the Y, and when we came home she made a bee line for it.  She was so excited to have a potty just her size!  She immediately pulled her diaper off and wanted to sit on it.  And then she pooped.  So exciting!  As I was cleaning her (and the potty) off, she said "more potty".  So then she sat on the potty and pee-peed!  Brilliant!  She was then, of course, totally uninterested for about a week.  But in the last few days, she's been wearing it out.  She's averaging four or five successful potty times a day!  And most of them are her own initiative.  She'll take her pants and diaper off, hand me the diaper, sit on the potty and do her thing!  She's just so smart. :-)

And, may I add, beautiful. :-)

So, tomorrow is panties day.  A few months ahead of schedule.  That's my girl!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great at this point, Caroline! For Mommie's sake (and your own) I hope you continue to be successful. I love you, Mamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed! And she is too cute!

    ReplyDelete