I did it! I planned out eight weeks worth of dinners. I loosely planned lunches (or lunch options, rather) and as long as I stick with a cooking day(s) each week, breakfast will be taken care of as well. And since we have "breakfast for dinner" once a week, whatever leftovers we end up with from that night will go into the breakfast rotation. I like to think of this like an outline. It gives me a plan, but I'm free to move things around a bit. We'll end up going out to eat, or out of town, or Randy will have a weekend gig and I'll need some easy meals for me and the kids to replace a heavy prep/weekend meal. But I can deal with those as they come. In the meantime, this at least gets me on track with the new guidelines I made for us to follow.
So, the picture above is my outlined meal plan. (I apologize that it needs rotating... I fixed it when I added it onto the computer from my iphone, but when I added it to this blog, it was sideways again. Technology is not my strength...) I've already moved things around for this week. Randy and I are having a date night tomorrow night! Woop-woop! And, I was planning on making our soup last night, and ran out of time while at the grocery and didn't have all the ingredients I needed. So, we improvised. The kids had hot dogs (not my first choice, but they're 100% turkey dogs and nitrate/nitrite free, so I keep them on hand as a freezer staple for times like this) with orange slices, raw carrots and my bread; Randy and I had spinach salads loaded with leftover raw veggies and hardboiled eggs, and leftover bran muffins. Tonight I make the soup! And tomorrow the kids get their pizza night with the babysitter. Back on track with the meal plan on Sunday! Grilled tilapia. Mmmmmmmm... :-)
Here's to healthy eating!
No comments:
Post a Comment