I wasn't so sure if Garrison would dress up for Halloween or not. He refused to wear his costume last year. I started back in September with the whole "if you wear a costume, people will give you candy" bit. He wasn't so sure at first, but he eventually warmed up to the idea. He was very willing to get into complete costume by Halloween night. Yippee! Thankfully, the costume that I bought for him last year still fit, so we finally got some return on our investment.
After naps, we headed out to a nearby church's "Trunk-or-Treat." It was small (8 or 10 cars) which was perfect for us. The kids were adorable and the people at the church were very friendly and welcoming. The repeated phrase of the night was: "Well, isn't she just adorable! What is she?" Good question. She was something that her Gaga found on the clearance rack after Halloween last year. Monster? Little Miss Muffet's Tuffet? Love Bug? Not so sure. Garrison finally declared that she was a "silly pink dinosaur." He didn't want any scary costumes! Works for us! At least she was a happy silly pink dinosaur. :-)

And Garrison was the most handsome lil' cowboy ever!

Of course, he wanted to eat each piece of candy as he received it. We finally caved and let him have a lollipop.

I went as ROYGBIV. Yeah, I know- kinda nerdy. But fun!

We got back to our house just at dark and had between forty and fifty trick-or-treaters. We almost ran out of candy! I'll have to remember to be more prepared next year.
Garrison (aaaalllllllll sugared up) striking a pose and making his silly face!

Happy Halloween!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment